The Arts Council of Indianapolis invests in artists and arts organizations to nurture and foster a thriving arts scene that helps build stronger neighborhoods and ultimately enhances the quality of life for all Indianapolis residents. In 2015, the Grants Committee of the Arts Council adopted the following Equity Statement: “We will make equitable access to arts funding for all arts organizations and artists in Indianapolis a guiding principle of Arts Council grant making. Such funding will unite arts organizations and artists with diverse populations of our community to nurture a thriving culture for the arts within the City of Indianapolis.” We invite all eligible applicants to apply for a grant opportunity. These grant programs fall into two categories: Grants for Individuals and Grants for Organizations.
GRANTS FOR INDIVIDUALS
- Creative Renewal Arts Fellowship Program - A two-year sabbatical-like fellowship for artists and administrators that have worked in the arts for 10 or more years. Award Amount: $10,000
- Robert D. Beckmann, Jr. Emerging Artist Fellowship - A one-year fellowship for local emerging artists to jumpstart their career. Award Amount: $3,500
- DeHaan Artist of Distinction Award - A one-year project-based award for an established contemporary visual artist. Award Amount: $10,000
- Emergency (Catastrophic) Grants - An emergency grant for artists and arts & culture workers who have recently experienced a catastrophic event and need assistance. Award Amount: Determined based on application.
- Wug Laku Mental Health and Wellness Grants - Supported by the Herbert Simon Family Foundation, in honor of visual artist Wug Laku, this grant is open to eligible central Indiana-based artists and arts administrators. They range from $250 to $750 and can be used for one-on-one therapy, support groups, art therapy, and wellness and mindfulness practices.
GRANTS FOR ORGANIZATIONS
- Annual Grants Program - A competitive grant program for established Arts organizations within Marion County for general operating support.
- Indy Arts and Culture Restart & Resilience Fund - A non-competitive grant program for established Arts organizations within Marion County to receive funding to reimagine and restart their organizations coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interested in serving as a grant panelist? Volunteer here.